S/ On April 3, "Diaspora and" Diaspora Armenians ". New Approaches to the Formation of Diaspora Formation "An international conference was held.
The conference was organized by the University College London (UCL)) by researcher Aykut Özturk, in collaboration with:
The Institute of Archeology and Ethnography of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia,
Hrant Dink Foundation and Gyumri Youth within the framework of the Armenia-Turkey Experiment Exchange Project
which is being implemented thanks to the UK Government Conflict, Sustainability and Safety Foundation.
The conference was attended by staff of the institute, scientists from abroad and listeners.
The following participants were present at the conference:
1. Rouben Karapetyan - Doctor of Science, Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography NAS RA
2. S Aykut Ozturk- PHD Student, University College London: 'Diasporic Natives' in a Settler State: Palestinians in two sides of 'the Wall' in Comparative Perspective
3. Hrag Papazian - PHD Student, University of Oxford: ):"We are not a diaspora!": Unpacking the Istanbul Armenians' stance
4. Khoren Grigoryan- PHD Student, Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography NAS RA: Perception of Motherland among Ainjarians, and a Motherland in Ainjar
5. Arsen Hakobyan - PHD, Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography NAS: ): Syrian Armenians between Diaspora and Armenia
6. Zoe Goodman - PHD Student, SOAS University of London: The World in a Sweetshop? Localising Diaspora in Mombasa, Kenya
7. Siranush Dvoyan - PHD, American University of Armenia: Representation of Loss in French-Armenian Diaspora Literature