The Department of Diaspora Studies was established in 2011
and has implemented a number of research projects related to the modern Diaspora.
* “The memories of the Armenian Genocide’s witnesses” collection (2014).
* “The main directions of comparative studies of the Armenians in the own and foreign environments. The problems & the perspectives of the study” Book (2014).
* “Ethno-sociological research-project of the Armenians of Russia & Krasnodar” Project (2011-2013).
* “About the Armenian community of Russia” monograph, corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, foreign member of the Academy Yu. V. Harutyunyan, (2012).
* “The ethno-sociological study of the Armenians of Russia, Krasnodar & Armenia” Project (2011).
The Department of Diaspora Studies has the following structure. Main staff, consultants, contract workers and volunteers.
Head of the department, Doctor in History
Researcher, theologian and linguist
* Raphael Barseghyan
Researcher, economic specialist, candidate of mathematical sciences
* Ashot Avetisyan
Researcher, Ph.D. in economic sciences
* Vanya Barseghyan
Scientific adviser, doctor of physico-mathematical sciences, head of the department of Diaspora of the National Academy of Sciences
* Sergey Vardazaryan
Scientific adviser, doctor of philosophy, head of cultural department of the Russian (Slavonic) University
* Yervand Markaryan
Scientific adviser, Ph.D. in historical sciences, head of history department of the Russian (Slavonic) University
* Gregory E. Areshian
Scientific adviser, Ph.D. in archaeological sciences, associate researcher at Costen Institute of Archaeology, adj. associate professor of near eastern archaeology at Department of Near Eastern Languages & Culture